The Emilio Pucci Maison was founded in 1947 by the Marquis Emilio Pucci, a dashing Florentine aristocrat, began his fashion career unexpectedly on the slopes of Zermatt in 1947 when the photo of a revolutionary ski suit he designed for a female friend found its way to the pages of Harper’s Bazaar.
A brilliant colorist, he drew inspiration from nature, architecture and exotic cultures to create his signature prints, infusions of kaleidoscopic colors in graphic, abstract patterns. With his bold, new designs and radical approach to fashion he soon became a fashion phenomenon, crowned “ThePrince of Prints” by the international fashion press. His trailblazing vision continues to reverberate to this day.
In the 1990’s, Emilio Pucci’s daughter, Laudomia, took the reins of the family business and in April of 2000, formed an alliance between the Pucci family and LVMH, with the French luxury group acquiring 67% of the capital.Backed by the Group, the brand has since embarked upon a rapid expansion and now has a global network of over 50 monobrand stores worldwide, with a strong historical presence in USA and a growing presence in new markets.
The brand is headquartered in the historic centre of Florence in the Pucci family’s Renaissance-era Palazzo, which is also the inspiration behind Pucci’s new store concept created by architect Joseph Dirand.
Not limited to ready-to-wear the Emilio Pucci universe, has always extended beyond fashion to include lifestyle, design and of course, eyewear.
Today, Creative and Artistic Director, Peter Dundas, carries on the trailblazingvision and love affair with Italian craftsmanship, luxury, colour and design that began over six decades ago.